We have had so many requests that we decided to add a new option to the retreat, A La Carte Pricing. Click on the tab underneath the banner called "Retreat Pricing" to see the different choices we have added.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Kathie DeLuca



Hi everyone!  My name is Kathie DeLuca and I am the proud mom of three teenage daughters and love all that my girls bring to my life.  I have recently completed a Master’s Degree in Teaching at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI.  Art is my escape from the crazy world around us, and I try to create art every day!  I am quirky and a bit of a free-spirit. I love to laugh, have a good time, and try to always see the positive in every situation. I choose to surround myself with positive, happy people and don’t have much room in my life for the negative kind. I love my friends and wouldn’t want to be in this world without them.  Teaching all types of paper crafting classes, card making, and mixed media art is something I love!  Through teaching I have met some wonderful ladies!! I have taught at several local stores in RI, MA, and NH. And have also traveled to NC and been a guest teacher at Donna Downey’s Inspired Retreat.  Most recently, my work has been published in Take Ten Winter, 2014 issue. I look forward to meeting you soon! Feel free to check out my blog at www.kookydelucy.blogspot.com

Kathie's class time:  Saturday 8-10:30/11PM


8x10 Laugh A Lot Canvas
Mixed Media Workshop by Kathie DeLuca

For Kathie's class you will create an 8 x 10 mixed media canvas with some traditional and not so traditional materials. You will begin by creating a one of a kind background as your foundation and then move on to the transformation of fabrics that you will add into your piece for amazing texture. We will use ink sprays, perfect pearls, and stencils along the way. 

You will create hearts by altering them with pattern pieces and Distress Crackle paint. This promises to be a great class to let loose and create your canvas without any rules. You will love getting your hands inky, and watch your masterpiece come together!

I look forward to creating this amazing canvas with you!
kathie



1 comment: